Fun times at the Préfecture!
- me: bonjour, je voudrais une autorisation de travail
- ......back and forth in my broken french.....
- paper pusher: (in english) you would like to work, you dont WANT to work, you would LIKE to work. we decide if you WILL work, ok?
- me: ummm ok
- paper pusher: where is the visa in your passport?
- me: what visa? i dont need a visa, i am croatian
- paper pusher: where is the entry visa? when did you enter france?
- me: february, i dont need a visa to enter, croatia is in the EU
- paper pusher: (confused look) you are in a bad state, here is your number, go wait until we call you back
- me: ok but croatia is in the European Union....?
- first it was austria, now its croatia, clearly civil servants skipped geography.
- living abroad may seem glamorous, but with clowns like this, i'd love an english speaking country where i can talk back to them!
← Earlier posts Page 1 of 49